Magnesium transdermal therapy through the skin, 30% aqueous solution of the magnesium salt is also called “magnesium oil” because magnesium chloride dissolved in water has a slightly oily and caring effect when rubbed onto the skin. Why is magnesium so important? Symptoms of magnesium deficiency
Magnesium is involved in over 300 elementary metabolic processes in the body. It is therefore an essential mineral for muscles and skeleton, but also for many body functions and organs. Magnesium is very important for nerve function and vegetative well-being. A daily intake of at least 400 mg magnesium is recommended.
Magnesium deficiency is widespread, including among children and the elderly. The symptoms are varied: calf and muscle cramps, nervousness, inner restlessness, headaches, migraines, sleep disorders, eyelid twitching, depression, diabetes, cardiac arrhythmias.
Why Magnesium Chloride?
• Of all the magnesium transdermal salts, magnesium chloride MgCl2 can be best absorbed by the human body and has the fastest effect. It corresponds to the magnesium salt in the ocean (on the other hand the magnesium oxide offered as a tablet or powder is only very poorly absorbed and leads to intestinal problems and diarrhea.
• The main stores of magnesium are bones (60%), muscles, connective tissue (39%), only 0.3% of the total magnesium is in the blood -> the blood level is not meaningful!
Why is magnesium transdermal use (= through the skin) better than oral use?
Magnesium oil can be massaged into the skin all over the body and absorbed in this way. This transdermal application has many advantages over oral administration:
• Up to 1000mg of magnesium are transdermally (only 80mg if taken orally)
• rapid and direct absorption through the skin into the blood and cramped muscles
• no more intestinal cramps and diarrhea (as with oral intake of magnesium)
• prevents osteoporosis because the metabolism switches to calcium release in the event of a magnesium deficiency and thus causes bone breakdown.
• better healing and activated immune defense for wounds and eczema
Dosage instructions for magnesium transdermal applications
• Elimination of a magnesium transdermal deficiency: in just four weeks you can replenish the magnesium stores in the body with daily use through the skin.
• Maintaining normal magnesium levels: massage the body, arms, and legs 1-2 times a day with 10-20ml magnesium oil.
• If the skin becomes sticky after use, then dilute 1: 1 with (normal) water
• Foot bath: Magnesium is very well absorbed through the soles of the feet. To bring about 750 mg of magnesium into the body, a foot bath with 25 ml of magnesium oil must be dissolved in 1-2 liters of warm water. Duration of the foot bath approx. 20-30 minutes. Magnesium footbaths allow the body to absorb the highest levels of magnesium.
• please note: do not use on skin wounds/injuries, not in case of renal insufficiency